We Were Going To Write A Book, But…
With over 30 years of combined experience in the study and practice of Trigger Point Therapy, we were encouraged by many people to write a book on the subject. But to be frank, we feel this subject is too important to confine to a book. The information that we want to share has no value if it doesn’t reach the person that needs it. As our mission is to share the wonders of this remarkable pain-relief system with people from all corners of the globe, we decide to scrap the book idea and take a different approach.
The Free Online Trigger Point Guide
In 2007, we launched the PainWhisperer website to help people better understand the physical pain in their lives. Over the years, we have received great feedback from people visiting the site, but we quickly learned that people wanted and needed more information. So in 2011 we launched this website and blog as a means of providing the detailed information about trigger point therapy that people are seeking. At the heart of this effort is our trigger point guide, which serves to organize our blog posts on all aspects of the study and practice of trigger point therapy into four main categories:
- Guide to Trigger Point Therapy: If you are new to trigger point therapy, or could benefit from a detailed summary of what trigger point therapy is all about, this is the place to start. The articles in the Trigger Point Therapy 101 Series discuss and explain the basic theories and practices of trigger point therapy. To view a list of all the articles in this series, as well as articles discussing common clinical procedures and practice building topics, please visit > Trigger Point Therapy Guide.
- Free Introduction to Trigger Point Therapy Video Course: Or if you are visually inclined, watch or 7-part, 48 minute video course that will introduce you to the way we practice trigger point therapy. Watch at > Clinical Trigger Point Therapy Introductory Course
- Guide to Myofascial Pain Disorders: Looking for information on the trigger points for a certain pain disorder, such as low back pain trigger points, headache trigger points, or shoulder pain trigger points, etc? Check out our growing collection of articles discussing these disorders by visiting the Myofascial Pain Disorders Directory.
- Guide to Trigger Points in Muscles: Looking for some detailed information about trigger points in a specific muscle group, such as trapezius trigger points or gluteus medius trigger points? Visit our Trigger Points in Muscles Directory to view a list of the articles we have written about muscle-specific trigger points.
- Trigger Point Therapy Videos by Pain Complaint: Every wonder which trigger points are involved in low back pain complaints? Or how about headaches or heel pain? Dr. Perry has you covered with these videos that were created from her Clinical Trigger Point Therapy Pain Protocols.
- Trigger Point Therapy Videos by Muscle Group: Want to know more about the trigger points in a certain muscle group? Check out these videos by Dr. Perry
- Free Trigger Point Videos: Dr. Perry has made a number of her trigger point therapy videos available for free so therapists can get a better idea about the treatment techniques that she employs in her practice.
A Work in Progress…
The process of providing information online has proven to be a bit more complicated than just writing a book. It’s really not enough just to put the information out there in the cyberspace, you have to make sure that the people that need this information can find it. As such, we have spent the better part of a year reorganizing and formatting our content for the web (and the search engines), which has put us behind on our publishing schedule. So if you don’t find the information that you are looking for, be sure to check back soon because we will be updating this blog frequently.