Regular Price: $149.99
Special Introductory Price: $99.99 (33% OFF)
Note: This video is available on DVD: Trigger Point Therapy For Stress Relief & Postural Correction DVD
Description: Perhaps the one service that the general public associates with the massage therapy and bodywork modalities is stress relief. Though a deep, kneading massage of tense muscles may feel wonderful to a client, it does little to reduce muscle tension. There are various causes of increased muscle tension, but trigger point activity is by far the most common, especially in situations of increased mental and emotional stress. Emotional exhaustion, through its modulation of the autonomic nervous system, can activate trigger points in various postural muscles of the body. These trigger points, in turn, will increase the resting muscle tension in these muscles. Over time, this excess muscle tension can create longer term postural distortions. Releasing the trigger points in these muscles (on a regular basis) is the only viable method to alleviate the muscle tension and its corresponding postural distortions. In practice, you will often find that the client is typically not aware of the increased muscle tension in these muscles until you have eliminated it. They will get up from the table and feel mentally and physically refreshed. Additionally, when a client is in acute pain, applying this protocol before specifically addressing their pain complaint, can help them relax on the table and improve the effectiveness of the overall treatment.
Because it addresses trigger points in muscles groups throughout the body, this is a great introductory protocol for therapists new to Clinical Trigger Point Therapy. Clients enjoy this unique protocol so much that they often schedule a monthly appointment just for its benefits, making it a great practice builder.
Video Duration: 1 hour, 46 minutes, 26 seconds
Video Format: Quicktime and iTunes (.m4v): This video will appear in the Podcast Directory within iTunes, and can be viewed on a computer, iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, or Apple TV. (See the Purchase Video Downloads page for more information on this format’s compatibility and flexibility features)
- Protocol Overview
- Composite Pain Presentation: A graphical overview of all the trigger points that contribute to general muscle tension and postural distortions.
- Protocol Design & Application: A breakdown of all the muscle groups and trigger points addressed in this protocol, with an explanation as to why they are included, the optimal sequence for the protocol execution based on trigger point interactivity, and specific information on the clinical application of the protocol.
- The Muscles & Trigger Points Involved: A detailed description of the 9 muscle groups and 20+ trigger points addressed in this protocol, including: basic anatomical & biomechanical analysis of each muscle group, symptoms associated with each muscle’s trigger points, trigger point referred pain patterns, trigger point activating and perpetuation factors, trigger point interactivity, and differential diagnosis.
- The Complete Protocol, Step-by-Step: Detailed instruction on release procedures for all the trigger points addressed in this protocol, delivered in an easy step-by-step manner.
PDF Guide: This protocol includes a 57 page PDF companion reference to the video.
Related Video Downloads:
- The Complete Clinical Trigger Point Therapy Program Bundle
- The Clinical Trigger Point Therapy Essentials Bundle